Healthy Start Home Visitor
The Healthy Start Program provides education and support to pregnant women and families with a baby (birth through one year and beyond). It is designed to give children a healthy start in life and help you enjoy being a parent. Visitors will help you with information on:
- Parent-child relationships
- Community resources
- Child Developement
- Supplemental food for women, infants and children (WIC)
- Life-style change programs- stop smoking, alcohol and drug abuse
- Financial help- emergency food, food stamps, health care and emergency assistance.
- How to obtain licensed childcare or babysitting
The above are just a few of the services we can help you with. Home visitors will offer support, they will listen to you and share with you the experience of being a parent. Home visitors are mothers themselves who have been trained to help other mothers with their concerns. The home visitors work with public health nurses who may also make home visits as needed.
Visits can be set up before and soon after your baby is born!
If you have any questions or to set up an appointment please call or email:
217 W. 8th
Wellington, KS 67152