Out of State/Salvage Titles

Out of State/Salvage Titles

All out of state titles must have a VIN inspection.  The Wellington Police Department is able to complete the VIN inspection on Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.  There is a $20.00 fee (cash or check) for the inspection.

The Wellington Police Department is located at:

200 N C St
Wellington, KS 67152


All Salvage Titles must be inspected by the Highway Patrol. There is two ways to obtain an inspection

A Highway Patrolman comes to the Sumner Couty  Courthouse on Wednesday 9:00am-9:30am.  The inspections take place on the east side of the courthouse (C Street).  


The Wichita Kansas Highway Patrol Inspection Office is able to the complete the inspection.

Wichita - Kansas Highway Patrol VIN Inspection Office
(316) 265-5644
200 W. Murdock
Monday-Friday 8:30-3:30

Derby- VIN Inspections- 206 East Greenway #14- Tuesdays ONLY 8:30-1:00pm
West Wichita- VIN Inspections- 2330 N Maize Rd- Thursdays ONLY 8:30-1:00pm
East Wichita- Vin Inspections- 2120 N Woodlawn- Tuesdays ONLY 8:30-1:00pm