Personal Property FAQ

Personal Property FAQ

Welcome to Personal Property! 

By law, personal property is taxable in Kansas and you are required to report it to the County Appraiser each year as long as you own personal property.

We hope to better inform you, the taxpayer, about the laws of Kansas by providing information on our web-site that previously was only available by calling or coming to the office.

If at any time, you have questions, please don't hestitate to contact us and we will be happy to assist you.

New!   Personal Property Online Filing Link
Contact the Appraiser Office to Sign-up 1-620-326-8986.
Frequently asked Questions
Who is to report?
Per K.S.A. 79-303:" Every person who owns or holds tangible personal property shall list said property for assessment."
What is to be reported?
  • Trucks and pickups tagged 16,000 lbs. Or more
  • Vehicles with expired tags
  • Mopeds, 3-wheelers, 4-wheelers, snowmobiles, golf carts, and dune buggies
  • Travel trailers, camping trailers, and fifth-wheels that are NOT SELFCONTAINED.
  • Flatbed and utility trailers
  • Mobile homes that are not considered Real Estate by the Appraiser's Office
  • Boats, boat motors, boat trailers, and boat cradles
  • Construction equipment
  • Aircraft
  • Pulling tractors, race cars
  • Commercial personal property such as office equipment, furniture, etc.
Penalty Schedule as required by K.S.A. 79-1422 and 1427a
Filed March 16 - April 15 5%
Filed April 16 - May 15 10%
Filed May 16 - June 15 15%
Filed June 16 - July 15 20%
Filed July 16 - March 14 25%
Filed after March 14 following year 50%